2009 – New Year, New Resolutions, New Failures? Not for me this year…failures that is. My brother-in-law made a good quote on his facebook status, “New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other.” It made me think. On the news the other day, the woman commented that people make wishes not resolutions. Like in 2009, I’ll do “x” more. The trick is actually “resolving” to do whatever it is you want to accomplish.
So, after much thought, I have decided to put some very personal resolutions on our blog. This was a hard decision for me. Some will show my spiritual immaturity, some will show my lack of discipline in areas such as cleaning and eating, and some of my goals. I’m only posting them on here as a way of accountability. As far as I know, everyone that reads this are people that care about Jon and me, so hopefully, you all can care about me by trying to keep me accountable. So, here it goes:
1. Write in my journal at least two times a week
2. Run a marathon – That’s right. October 25th or so, I will be running in the Spinx Marathon. I know crazy, huh? Training starts Sunday afternoon. I’m nervous, but I think I can do it.
3. Begin studying the Bible at least three days a week – I obviously want more, but I am trying to be realistic, and I hope that my resolution will ultimately finish with reading the Bible seven days a week.
4. Complete my CPA exam – three more to go.
5. Begin my MBA or a master’s program – probably one or two classes in the evening each semester
6. Clean or maintain my house two days a week – ideally, the house will already be clean, and I will just need to vacuum and dust.
7. Write two notes a month to random people as encouragement.
8. Give at least 10% of my “stash” to church/ministry. Jon and I each have our own stashes of cash.
9. Read Eat to Live by February – currently, it looks like it will be done in a week. Great Book. Thanks Mom S.. Reading the book is also a commitment to change our eating habits and our lifestyle.
10. Drink Soda only one time a week – this may change after finishing the book.
11. Only eat two pieces of bread if we go out to eat – this also may change after finishing the book.
So, there it is. 2009. A new beginning…